YouTube is a video search engine used worldwide by billions of people. Millions of people engage in a video watching process for every single second, because of this is a very convenient place for starting your business and succeeding in it. The first step to do this will be to create a YouTube channel and start to uploading your own videos. Gathering your own audience will help you increase the chances to make your business more popular and widely known.
Today there are many businessmen using YouTube to develop their companies. The method is not new and is proved to be a very promising start for your business achievement.
Actually it takes just a few minutes to create a YouTube channel. But, of course it is not that easy if you are not aware of the basics or if you are not ready to provide the needed period for a proper result.
Let’s go over this article.
How to Create a YouTube Channel
Generally if you want to share, comment or create YouTube content, the first and the most essential thing that you need to have, is a Google account.
To create a Google account, enter the main page of YouTube (YouTube.com), find the ‘sign in’ button on the top of the right side and click it. Next you need to find ‘more options’ and click it. Finally, click the ‘create account’ and start making your own account on Google by following the necessary steps mentioned on the page. Be aware that the name you will create for your Google account will then be the same of your YouTube account. So be attentive to choose a proper name before going to the next step.
Already have a Google account?
Click on the ‘sign it’ button on the top right corner of YouTube.com page and enter your Google account name on the corresponding section. Sometimes the user may have several account names. In this case choose the one that will be associated with your YouTube account the best.
Good job! You did the first step to create your YouTube channel.
Once you are done with your Google account, is time to actually go ahead and create your YouTube channel. For this you need to click the profile icon in the top right corner of YouTube.com page. Here you will see several options in the drop-down menu. Click on the ‘settings’. This will lead you to the next step.
Go to the ‘additional features’ and choose ‘create a new channel’. Then you will be offered to choose a Brand name which does not have to correspond with the name of your Google account. But it is recommended to choose a name which will reflect what you are going to do and talk on your YouTube channel.
Not hard was it?
After choosing the Brand name, you will need to verify the account either with a text message or a voice call. If you received the special code, enter it in the corresponding section. Now the Brand account is verified.
Customizing the channel
There are two elements for customizing your new YouTube channel. These are descriptive details and the visuals.
Go to the dashboard of your channel and click the ‘customize channel’. After this you will find yourself in the page of your basic channel. On the right side you will see a cogwheel. All you need to do is to click it and choose ‘advanced settings’.
Now comes one of the most important sections.
In this part you will need to give basic information of your channel, such as entering the name of the country where the channel is based. Then you can add some keywords that have association with your channel and then decide whether you want your channel to appear on other account pages as a recommended channel, or not.
Go back to the dashboard of you customizing page and click on ‘About’ to add additional links and description. Here you will need to add a channel description, contact information, and several links. The allowed number of the links is five. It may include the link of your social media, such as Facebook.
We’re getting somewhere, aren’t we?
Art and Visuals
To change your profile picture, go to the profile icon and click ‘change’. A picture will appear on your screen. Choose the ‘edit’ and upload the photo that you want to see as your profile picture. Your YouTube channel will also display this image.
The ideal dimensions for a profile picture are 800 X 800 pixels. After this, add a banner image and your channel visuals are ready.
To complete your YouTube channel art, you need to take attention to the sizes of your profile picture.
- The minimum image size needs to meet the requirements of 2048 by 1152 pixels. The picture with other dimensions will not be uploaded on your profile successfully.
- The dimensions for the maximum image size are not limited. Instead, the file size should be no more or less than 6MB.
- The recommended size for the YouTube channel profile picture is 2560 by 1440 pizels.
We illustrate dimensions better bellow.
YouTube channel image sizes
When your channel graphics are ready, your next step will be to start uploading and adding videos on your channel. To make them easy for people to find them, you will need to optimize those videos for search. For this, there are some other options you have to take.
- One of the first things that help the user find the video they are looking for is the title. The title needs to be clear, attractive and accurate to your topic.
- Next, we look at the description of the video. The text should not contain more than 1,000 characters and it must not contain the whole details of the video. It just needs to give the overall image of the video content, this way the viewer can imagine what he/she can expect from it. One or two sentences are more than enough to help the viewers understand what they are going to watch.
- Tags are a important factor on YouTube. When adding a tag, you give YouTube the opportunity to use those tags on other videos that are similar to yours in their contents. This may make your video more available to the users and will consequently help you get more views. Avoid using wrong tags or tags that have no association with your video.
- When you categorize your video, YouTube includes it in a group that contains videos with the same category.
Wrapping this up
Thus, YouTube is definitely one of the widest platforms, offering an open video list in many different contents and categories and is watched for billions of times in a day. Creating a YouTube channel is something necessary for your business popularity and it will be accessible from different parts of the world.
If you want to create a YouTube channel, all you need to do is to follow the instructions we outlined above/ These instructions will not only show you how to create your YouTube channel, but will also take you on the right path to make it successful.